Thursday, April 26, 2012

Turning Tide, Perhaps?

The great thing about mothers is that they will receive multiple tearful phone calls with patience and sympathy. They'll put money in your account when your handbag disappears, and they'll tell you when they fear your blog is becoming a downer.

Well, downer no more, I say!

Yes, I have been feeling like a bit of a teenager lately.  Finding myself with nostalgic music cranked on my headphones, staring at the ceiling wondering what is this all about, anyway??

But finals are approaching, leaving no time for an existential crisis or complete mental breakdown. So I've been going to clinic, and attempting to memorize the steps for treating hypertension or the different types of oral contraceptive pills. I train, I cook, I (once again) do laundry, I work at replacing all the things lost in the great purse debacle of 2012, and I watch Parks and Recreation reruns. I take it one day at a time.

And then a little stroke of luck appears.

I called the airport lost and found today and they said they had my handbag with all the contents inside it!

Yes, despite having all of my contact information they didn't try to reach me. But lo, when I called again this morning they were all nonchalant with their oh sure it's here we'll send it to you in the post.

So we'll see if the post pulls through. Fingers crossed.

Thanks so much to allof you who commented and wrote. To Liz who offered up her husband's Shoppers Drug Mart to replace the make-up and Justin for offering to send me some Japanese pens. Y'all are too sweet. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

One of the docs at the clinic told me today that I am due for a stroke of luck now, maybe this is just the beginning?

x

ABB

P.S I get to keep my new itouch, right?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Sadly Argos doesn't take returns on electronics! See, every cloud does have a silver ilining.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping you get the mail soon :)

Justin said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad to hear this!! Also glad for the iPod Touch - definitely a silver lining! Don't sweat the blogging negativity - such is life sometimes. We're not fair-weather fans here; we stick with you through the good and the bad!

doctorcalm said...

So glad to hear you got your stuff back! I was in the process of sending you my version of our twin wallets to hold you over :)

Missing you and thinking about you lots...

PGYx said...

So happy to hear that good things *can* happen to good people!

Allison said...

Congrats! I never would have thought a purse full of contents would be returned. I do think you're bound to have much better luck now :)